Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WHAT NEXT..??

This post of mine is kinda continuation of my post published on the 30th of June. So all those who haven't read that entry have two options..one they can read that entry now(hey its just after one entry yaar..) and can take pains to post comments or the second option is leave that post and read this one..its not that you won't understand this one..plus if I were the reader..I would have gone for the second option.. LAZY ME...!!
Yeah so finally our final sem results were out and the examiners in VTU (Visweswaraya Technological University) had pity on me and gave me passing marks. I can now safely claim that now I am an engineer.HELL YEAH..!!
The night the results were out I was partying late with my friends,when one of my college mates, the so called bookworm of our Gang..the padhaku..called me up and very seriously asked me ' Dude! What plans?'
I was quick enough to respond that after the party which will run quite late into the night, I might go for a movie at my friends place.
But my Dost had other questions ready to be fired at me..' Future...Future yaar..What plans after Engg..??
Now I don't know how many of you guys have faced examinations where not a question looks familiar.I have been through such a paper and believe me it feels awful..(at least till you are inside the exam hall).You don't seem to know a single answer,you keep looking left,right,up,down at regular intervals..you seem to notice things which were unnoticed till then,even a small fly's path is keenly observed by you. Finally frustrated you bend your head slightly so that the guy sitting in front of you can help you..but all you manage is just one line.
By now you know your despicable condition and you start scratching your head..You scratch so badly that the dandruff in your hair which uptill now had developed a symbiotic relationship with its surroundings starts making a clumsy little mess on your answer sheet.
Finally losing all hopes you write something, repeat that thing twice and sincerely hope that the examiner is drunk while he goes through your answer sheet. Those few moments are awful. You feel a deep vaccum being created inside you..
Ah..coming back..so I felt the same vaccum when my friend asked me about my future. But then I wasn't going to part ways with the way I felt that day and so I coolly remarked that I am bad at making plans and will see what life has in store for me.
I thought that was it. But then deep down I knew my happiness was shortlived.
The next day itself I was sitting in front of my father and holding the cell-phone. Yes..the not so awaited moment had arrived.My father sitting in front of me and my elder brother sitting 700 miles away from me..asked me the same question simultaneously.'What next'?
What followed was an eerie silence and some stern looks from my father and some serious cough from my brother.Now hey I can't give the same answer here that I don't make plans and that will see what life has in store in front of my parents.Can I? So I cleared my voice and meekly replied that I will do a job now( Although i am sure that the time interval any company will keep me for will entirely depend upon their patience level)..and will think about future studies later.That was a sweet way of saying that I am studying since the time I literally learnt writing and reading and so I want a break now.
On a more serious note,I don't know how many of my friends are going through this "what to do next" phase..I am sure most of them have made up their minds by now but for those who still are in a dilemma,my advice as a friend is take a chill pill. You have company!!(I am sure that did not calm you guys did it..??) Please do not increase your B.P levels.
I am not asking you all to just sit down doing nothing and write blogs and give unnecessary advice(oh..is that me)..But remember that this is just the beginning..there will be many more such moments in our lives. Some will take these as challenges but others will take these as oppurtunities. It is as we look at those moments that they really turn out into.!!
See..I just love giving advices and not at all following them.
Do you think I should write one of those so called self help books..!!

3 comments:

myths said...

gosh bro was that kans giving advice...:)
nyways well said "let the life make our plans" (just kidding jaise ki apne paas plans rahen hain kabhi)....remember the old tash patti days of hostel..anyone keenly following that would have surely said ..tum log gaye jooari s**e...and the bommarilu and other non bhashi movies...man you have brought the memories back...how about next blog being dedicated to the lasting memories of tumkur(especially our hostel)...cheers

Kanji said...

well...we can write a book if we want to on our hostel days..lets see if I can write something..!!

Unknown said...

hey niloy ...

i ll be waiting for ur book on hostel days ..