Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Single vs doubles..!!

A very dear friend of mine (name withheld on request) is going through what he describes as hell.Last weekend after having a cosy dinner with his girlfriend, while they were walking back home discussing their future,some road side tapori acted as the villain and uttered words which were not very pleasing to the ears of his lady love.So my friend,who claims to be a true bollywood flicks lover did what any other hindi film ka hero would do. He rolled up his sleeves and straightaway demanded an apology.Well what resulted was no apology but two broken bones and a broken heart.Unfortunately all three for my friend.The villain turned out to be much stronger than what my friend had expected and the brawl turned out to be a one sided affair. My friend was then dumped into the nearby hospital by his lady love and then the love of his life did the unthinkable.DUMPED HIM,stating reasons that if he can't save her from the gundas,he is good for nothing.



All this has really disturbed my friend who claims he would never fall in love again. Although deep down I was on top of the world that our 'single ready to mingle' gang had a new member who would pay for the movie tickets this weekend( yeah I can be really mean sometimes you see),I had to act as if I really felt bad.But all this has actually stirred my neurons out of deep slumber and have made me think..Is Single life a Bane or a Boon..??

5 reasons why I think single life is a boon..!!
1.The money in your wallet now belongs to you.Of course the once in a while parties given to your friends notwithstanding,you now have the freedom of getting the latest Ray-Ban shades or the Tag-Heur watch because you don't have to spend money on your beloved.

2.You don't always have to think about what gifts to be given to your love.Plus even after getting a gift you don't have to think twice whether she will like it or not.'SHE' doesn't exist anymore you see..:)

3.Your mobile phone can now heave a sign of relief.The torture that you have been doing on its keypads sending unnecesary text messages are now a thing of the past.The time saved by not looking at your cell phone expecting a goodnite call can now be utilized for other important things..say reading a book(was it too far fetched?)

4.You can now safely wear the white shirt instead of the blue, eat whatever you want to gain how many pounds you want to..how you look doesn't matter now does it..??

5.Remembering dates is a thing of the past.You dont have to forget dates and then make excuses that despite all efforts you couldn't call to wish(on a birthday,on a first walk in a park anniversary,etc..etc) because the income tax department had seized your cell-phone...!!

5 reasons why I think single life is a bane..!!

1.Cmon..you selfish moron..you dont always have to give gifts..You do get them sometimes and who doesn't like gifts.Being single devoids you of the pleasure of getting surprise gifts.

2.One very big advantage of not being single is that you suddenly know about every tarrif plan launched by every mobile service and you sure are a better help for your friends than the customer service guy who most of the time seems helpless..

3.At the end of the day,I guess there are few things which if shared with someone special do help you a lot. I mean all single guys would vehementely deny that if you want to share stuffs you have your friends and I 99.99% agree but then someone special is afterall someone special(have I made my point clear..??) No I guess..!!

4.I do not know how many of my friends would actually agree but one thing which I have noticed is once you are commited,your friends stop linking you with every second girl you go and talk to.I have seen this abnormal behaviour where suddenly people start giving you curious glances and later on literally torture you to know the truth.I mean this surely isn't the norm and am sure this is one of the idiotic advantages of being commited but then I have seen such a behaviour.

5.This will be the BAAP of all reasons..my committed friends believe that what sets apart the committed life is the FEELING OF BEING IN LOVE..What this so called feeling is a question better answered by them but they feel that the feeling is divine..
Ah..frankly speaking this is such a topic which is certainly debatable.I mean all my single friends(single+dumped) believe that Lifes rocking when you are single while those in love feel that'Angoor mile nahin so khatte ho gayein'.This discussion can never come to an ending.I mean you ceratinly can't think about taking sides here.
I guess these lines by Alfred Tennyson sum up my views..
I HOLD IT TRUE,WHAT'ER BEFALL
I FEEL IT,WHEN I SORROW MOST;
TIS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST
THEN NEVER TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL..!!



5 comments:

Sriram Agrawal said...

amazing dude...
me too to in ur single ready to mingle group :)
and having experienced both the sides i wud say being single is really fun!!! (its isnt abt sour grapes)
Except for moments when u r walking along the marine drive and see two people holding hands and taking w/o uttering single word.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! wow. you actually wrote pros and cons of the whole issue. wow, indeed.

it is true if you look at the pros and cons that benefits of being single outweighs the disadvantages of it.. independence yaar! i think being in love is like playing in maut ka kuwa.. pata nahi kab kya ho jaye!

and these days, love is more of a brand than being an emotional thing.

i am a girl but i have seen many other girls have a bf just so that they pay for their shopping. and many boys have gf's so that they can tell their friends they're committed. i mean this is a generalisation and i can go on and on but still, there's some truth in it.

anyway, good post! insteresting rather! :)

Kanji said...

Thanks a lot..sriram and dialogues with the self..am sorry thats all i know about you..so will stick to dialogues with the self..!!

sanjay dixit said...

truely lot... nilay..gr8 blog yaar.. ur humour meets no ends..goes on and on... gr8 going... my frend

Kanji said...

Thanks Sanjay