Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Letters..!!!



Republic Day is certainly a day which every Indian feels proud of.I am no different.This is my salute to every soldier out their in the borders.For they aren't just pointing fingers at others.They are doing something for the country.

Leh,29th September,2008

Dear Maa,

You must be wondering that when I can easily call you,why did i write this letter?It so happened that today my roommate received a letter from her parents and she was on top of the world.She claims that a letter contains special emotions which somehow can't be conveyed through a call. She said that the fragnance of the ink reminded her of her childhood.So I decided to write this letter to you.Through this letter I want to feel those very feelings.

I must tell you it's very cold here.Temperatures in Leh seldom touch the positives in this time of the year.Don't worry am well protected with the sweater you made for me.

Also I have to give you a good news.Although it's not confirmed yet,but my friends have started congratulating me that my promotion order is on its way.Can you believe it?Flight Lieutanant Neharika Kapoor would now be known as Squadron Leader Neharika Kapoor..!!Awesome isn't it??This news took me back a few years to the day when I walked out of AFA(Air Force Academy) Dundigal and joined the Western Command as a Flying Officer.I remember the look in Papa's eyes and those 5 words,"We are proud of you..!!"

I have never told you how it feels when I fly one of those Mig-27's.Its just impossible to put that feeling into words.Remember how I had once broken my arm because I wanted to be a bird and despite your warnings I tried to fly and jumped off the balcony.The first day I flew a Mig all by myself I knew that my dream had come true.It was fantaboulous.

Have to sleep Maa.Routine,you know.But I love this routine.Please take care of your health.And make sure Papa doesn't forget to take his BP tablets.I would call Nikita to wish her all the best for her semester exminations.

Take Care,

I love you

Neharika.




Present day,New Delhi..

Dear Neharika,

There are moments in life when you look upwards and wonder that what Good have we done so as to be gifted such wonderfully by God..You are one such Gift in our life.Yesterday on Republic Day,we were proud parents as we went on the stage to collect the Param Vir Chakra.Although,I tried very hard but when they announced Param Vir Chakra for Squadron leader Neharika Kapoor posthumously I just couldn't control my tears.I know sitting among the angels in heaven you will never like to see tears in my eyes but then those were my prized possessions for they reminded me of a daughter who laid down her life for Our Country.

Beta,in your age when girls still aren't decided about their future,you have shown all what dedication,determination and discipline can produce.Just because of you,we have our heads held high.

I know you will never come back.It is a fact which took me a long time to realize.But today i Pray to God that for your next rebirth and for all other rebirths you be born as my daughter.

May your soul rest in peace and may you smile among the angels...!!

Love you,

Maa..!!

6 comments:

Aarti Harish said...

Hi Nilay...thanks for listing my blog in your blog list...just ws a little surprised since i didnt find your name in my follower's list in my blog...but saw it listed in your blog...wanted to know if you can also keep that option of follower's list in your blog open..so that i can follow your blog as well...and you can add your name to my followers list.

Thanks.
Aarti Harish.

Kanji said...

hey i dont keep an admirers gallery coz not many read my blogs...plus ur drawings are just amazing...so keep up the gud work

Prabhav said...

hey quite a gud 1 man..! did u create the whole scenario and wrote those two letters..!

Kanji said...

Thanks prabhav...

Unknown said...

dude..why is maa in such a hurry..you did hit the right chord..but cud have been longer letter expressing her feelings like neeharika did..nice 1 der...!!

Kanji said...

I personally felt so too..but i guess considering the short attention span of people i dare not extend the letter beyond a certain limit..another reason might be that i comprehended neharika's feeling as i too am a son but maa's feelings were not that very clear to me..!!