Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gifts Of The Past...

Satutory Warning:Readers may please note that the events mentioned below are fictional to the best of my knowledge(of course going to school and college are not fictional..am a literate..or else how do i write this blog...sorry.. Bad Joke..!!).So as the events are fictional,any resemblance to any person is truly unintentional.

I turn back today..
just to have a glimpse at the past.
They say past is history,
So is it wrong to look at it?

Shouldn't I look at the day,
When i walked through the school gates,
shouldn't i be obliged,
for I went in a kid and came out a man!!
So what if I want to go back today
and say sorry to people I have hurt..
I know I can't!!

Shouldn't I look at the day,
when I had the first fight
shouldn't i be glad,for the fight
ultimately resulted in a friendship
which still goes strong..!!
So what if the fight ended with a broken bone,
and the bone belonged to me..!!

Shouldn't I look at the day,
when we went to see a cricket match
between Australia and India at the Ferozshah Kotla
Shouldn't I rejoice,for we had a gala time
predicting the number of ducks
by Indian Batsmen.
So what if India lost that match
and then the series too.!!

Shouldn't I look at the day
when we used to play football
on a rainy day.
shouldn't I be happy that I was the one
to score the goal.
So what if the next day
I caught cough and cold and then
could not play for the next two days.

Shouldn't I look at the day
when college welcomed me with open arms..
Shouldn't I smile for I made friends.
So what if I suddenly find moist eyes..
The tears are the trophies I possess,
for they remind me of the good times spent.

Shouldn't I look at the day
when I took the train journey,
that changed me forever.
Shouldn't I blush
that I met the girl of my dreams
and fell---fell in love.
So what if she doesn't like me,
I do and shall always..!!

I look at all these days and more,
Days that will never come back,
Days that will stay with me lifelong,
Days that will always be cherished,
as wonderful gifts of the past...!!!

5 comments:

seema said...

hey..there is nothin wrong at looking back and cherishin the moments spent... well the thoughts have been brought out really well...n btw who's the gal u mentioned in ur awesome poem???

Sriram Agrawal said...

dude u rock......

now this is what we call a good poetic sense wid a tale to tell

bro u do not need to take a precautionary stand :)
we wont question u on d lady in the train neither would i reveal that u never scored a goal as far as i recall.ooops..i just said dat :)

Kanji said...

exactly...i never scored a goal...and there's no lady...as i said the charecters are fictitious.

Unknown said...

awesome blog dude.u rock. u've added an xtra fan in ur fans club.feelings have been penned down beautifully...

Kanji said...

Hey thanks puru...!!!