Sunday, October 26, 2014

Looking back...

Ah.. The feeling of coming back to one's blog. Sheer magical.

We humans. We are such enigmatic souls. We want many things at one point of time and then when we get them, suddenly we want a bunch of different things. We are never happy.

Let me not generalize this feeling because I have met individuals who are pretty sure of what they want. And then there are a few who are pretty sure that they are not at all sure. Who absolutely know , that they absolutely do not know.

And then there are a few who look back and realize that past wasn't great. It could have been far better. Wish I could have done this to get to that or not done that. Wish I could have made that phone call, Wish I could have made that trip.
Basically a bunch of wishes. Mostly all of us have these wishes and looking back is the usual norm.

Its said,Look back if it brings a smile, but refrain if it hurts you. We dont usually follow it do we??
This small write up was written some time back thinking about all those things I didn't do. In the hindsight, may be I shouldn't have written this.. Duh..!!!


Walking down the memory lane with a thoughtful stare
looking at the moments which weren't there
thinking about the days which could have been,
thinking about the life which I could have seen

Could have spoken out loud and clear
instead was bogged down by fear
kept quite, indecisive troubled with facts
surprised dumbfounded with my own acts.

those dark corners which I couldnt see,
those barriers from which I wanted to flee
those imaginary conversations and disturbed nights
those mental debates and long lost fights.

that phone call which was never made..
that response of which I was afraid
that promise of being there which wasn't kept
that silly excuse made at which I was adept

As much as I want to go back
get rid of that baggage and unpack
As much as I want to set things straight
Move Ahead and take control of my fate

I know things aren't the same anymore,
I know the wounds are a bit too sore
I know that the lights are dimming fast
And that the rainbow will not last

And So I shall not turn back
Not focus on things I lack
I shall reach out for the illuminated road
And set on that journey for the perfect abode

I aint no perfect, so judge me no more
I just want happy moments galore
Dont think of me as a guy who didnt care
For you shall find a mention in my last prayer..

                                                          Feeling Good. Wish to come back more....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If only we could...