Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mumbai......when do you sleep???

Well,I will be frank...!!!When I came to Mumbai from Bangalore this weekend to celebrate deepawali with parents,I expected that this city which is one of the most rocking cities of India(please keep Raj thackarey out of your minds) will not be celebrating diwali with the usual pomp and show.Cmon...how can it??How can the financial capital of India celebrate when the Rupee is tumbling down,when sensex is dropping every day like team australia's form,when pink slips are the order of the day..??And add to the fact that a guy from patna was recently killed in an encounter when he decided to hop on to BEST bus no 332 with a revolver to kill raj thackaray.(well this will be discussed later).
But I was proved wrong.Mumbai celebrated and I would tell the truth that this has been one of the most fantaboulous diwali's of my life.The grandiose way in which the streets were lighted and people bursted crackers,i wondered whether there was any news of sensex regaining points.
But true to it's spirit..aamchi mumbai just rocked.Arre..kal ki kal sochenge..aaj diwali hain..patakhe phodenge...!!
I had decided not to burst crackers and would limit myself to only 3 gulab jamoons today.Someone with brains has aptly remarked"Never make resolutions which you can't fulfill."
The limit of 3 gulabjamoons had to be extended to 13 and I lighted few rockets and bombs.
Guess you just can't stay away from this festival.
Coming back to Mr. Rahul Raj Singh,who had come to mumbai to get a job maybe but was highly inspired by the movie Wednesday.But while there Naseeruddin Shah was supported with ample technology and planning,this guy decided a revolver would be enuf.Although I strongly oppose the fact that he was killed,am equally surprised at the guy's behaviour.I guess frustration has it's limits.
Anyways,this diwali was a tiring one..(eating 13 gulab jamoons is no mean feat)..so feeling sleepy.
Gud nite..Mumbai..oops I forgot..this city never sleeps..!!

1 comment:

seema said...

dude...though i wud agree that mumbai never sleeps...with traffic jams even at 2am..i wud disagree dat they celebrate diwali wid gr8 enthusiasm...for the 1st time i was in mumbai during diwali..n believe me it was d worst diwali ever..i didnt c ppl on streets burstin crackers like i was used to seein in bokaro...i donno which part of the city u were in coz i didnt evn feel d charm of diwali this yr...